Monday, April 13, 2009

BEDTIME STORIES

So... I wasn't thrilled with the selection of movies at the Red Box this last time, but it was spring break and we weren't going anywhere until the end of the week, there were reruns on TV and the kids wanted to rent a movie. This was actually the only movie available that all 3 kids could watch and MIGHT actually be interested in so I got it. I was pretty sure it would be dumb. I like Adam Sandler for the most part, but he definitely has starred in a couple of movies that I just didn't like at all. In fact, I either hate his movies or love them. There has never been an in-between for me as far as his movies go.

Bedtime Stories pleasantly surprised me though. Not that it was a really good movie in any way, but it was cute. The story line was pretty lame, but Sandler played a lovable character that you find yourself rooting for. The kids in the movie were kinda cute too and actually had some more thoughtful insight into a few things than the adult main character did, reminding him what "true heroism" should be. There was no cussing (although I wish they hadn't thrown God's name around), no terrible name-calling (except for "Sir Butt-Kiss" which I have to admit, made me laugh) and no sex scenes. While this movie does have it's faults (lying & greed happen to be 2 of the biggees here), it wasn't horrible to sit through and I didn't fall asleep like I did when we saw Over the Hedge. In all, I can say I might even watch this one again some time. In a few months... or next year. And we might even add it to our DVD collection. :P


0 comments: