Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TOO BUSY TO BLOG

Yep, that's what I said. I"m too busy to blog. What ever made me think I would actually have time for this? I must've been having a crazy moment. But I am going to try to do better about keeping this up. We'll see how it goes. Another school year is almost over and I can't even believe it. It seems like we just started and now we're ending. :( I am sad to see my two groups of preschoolers leave this year. I've had two fantastically fun classes filled with sweet kids. I must admit the afternoon class was a BIT more challenging than the morning class, but we did have fun and I love all those kids dearly. My afternoon class consisted of 7 boys and 4 girls. 'Nuf said. I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions from even that tiny bit of information. :D

Last weekend was Western High School's Jr.-Sr. Prom. So for the third time in five months, Caitlyn had to find the perfect dress and the perfect hairstyle. And yes, she went with Aaron because they are still together (10 months today in fact as I was just informed a few minutes ago that today is their "10-monthiversary." what the heck??). And as always, they looked gorgeous and, more importantly, they had a wonderful time at the dance even though Caitlyn had to be on a bus at 7:45 a.m. the morning after prom for an all-day cheerleading stunt clinic. You can view more prom pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scrapnfor3/WESTERNPROM09?
authkey=Gv1sRgCOGoxfW0l8CkTg# [just copy & paste that entire link]

Oh, and speaking of the cheer stunt clinic, there's more news to share: Caitlyn made JV Cheerleading! She has wanted to do this for a long time and is super excited about the coming year. The girls have just started getting their cheer camp outfits and practicing
a few things for camp so she is getting really pumped about it. I'm excited for her as well because I know how much she wanted to do this.

Last Friday was the annual 4th Grade Pioneer Day at Northwestern Elementary Sc
hool. That was a really fun day for Claire and I was able to go and spend the whole morning with her. My mother made a cute pioneer dress and bonnet for Claire which thrilled her. There was so much for the kids to do that day. They learned how to weave, do tin punching, candle dipping, corn shuckin' the old fashioned way, and square dancing. Now that was funny to see. The last thing those 4th grade boys and girls wanted to do was hold hands with each other so they could dance. Hilarious, I tell you! But in all actuality, I was very impressed with their mad square dancing skills. Those kids really knew what they were doing. ;) They also got to make funnel cakes, juste bracelets and they sewed their own pin cushions stuffed with saw dust. There were many other activities for them to enjoy as well. As I was passing a little girl in the hallway, I heard her exclaim, "This is the best day of my life!" For more Pioneer Day pics, go here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scrapnfor3/4THGRADEPIONEERDAY?
authkey=Gv1sRgCMvdrqTCquvgpAE# [again, copy & paste the entire link]

This week has been extremely busy so it's no wonder time seems to fly. I do
n't feel like I can catch my breath sometimes. Garrett is playing T-ball right now and he really loves it. It's so funny to watch those little guys though because sometimes they just forget they are supposed to be playing ball and it ends up looking more like a Ladies Aide Society Meeting - haha!


C
aitlyn is getting ready to start KIVO (which is a travel volleyball league - gotta keep improving those skills if you wanna play varsity!). Caitlyn is smack dab in the middle of track season too and Claire has just tried out for NES Entertainers which is a select choir of 4th, 5th & 6th graders. I'm really hoping she makes it since she's not really into sports too much. I'd love to see her find some extracurricular activity that she enjoys. Well, that's all for now. I'll be back again soon with more updates - that is, if I can keep up with them myself! I sure hope summer doesn't fly by. But I have a feeling it will.

0 comments: