Monday, July 21, 2008

DARK NIGHT


Keith took Claire and Garrett fishing in the sweltering heat and humidity last night so Caitlyn and I decided to go see a movie. Since Caitlyn's boyfriend went to see Dark Night without her and we've both been wanting to see it, that's where we went. It definitely didn't disappoint. Even though the movie is nearly 3 hours long it didn't feel like we'd sat in the theater nearly that long (except for my bad knee which was totally killing me when we left and the stinky people next to Caitlyn).

Caitlyn and I both liked this movie well enough that we'd see it again today. For her, that's not saying much since she'll watch any movie she likes a thousand times. But for me to say that does mean something. I'm not a person who likes to watch very many movies more than once and if I do there has to be a significant period of time between viewings.

The movie is fast-paced, of course full of violence and action, a little romance, suspense and there was one part that even made me jump in my seat. I won't reveal the details in case you haven't seen the movie.

I've never been a huge Heath Ledger fan, but I have to say he played the role of the Joker fabulously. Funny, at first I thought it'd be a perfect role for Johnny Depp (and I still think he could pull if off well), but Ledger did a remarkable performance. He was able to pull off the freak part with finesse and the character was very believable. And of course, Christian Bale is nice to look at and plays such a great role. I love the personna that has been given to Bruce Wayne in these movies. ;)

So yeah. I definitely recommend seeing this movie but I highly recommend you see the first two Batman movies first so you know what the heck is going on. If nothing else see Batman Begins before seeing Dark Knight.

2 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

OH! Now, i think i'll have to take my teenager to go see that one with me...i'm convinced! Thanx for the review.

Helena said...

OOh thanks for that, I was wondering if it would be worth seeing, unlike you I was/am a Heath Ledger fan since I saw 10 things I hate about you!

xxxx