Monday, July 7, 2008

FAIR WEEK = FRUSTRATIONS

This is fair week and typically I wouldn't mind it too much but this year I'm annoyed. We aren't going to be too busy this week which is nice. We'll only be at the fair 2 days in fact. Last week was the crazy week with pre-fair judging and Caitlyn having to work two shifts in the concession stand. We had to drive to Greentown and back several times and some days more than once a day. Tuesday Caitlyn is in the Fashion Revue so we'll go to the fairgrounds for that, but then we won't go back again until Thursday. Keith has to work the fair that day so we'll be there from 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. The kids will ride the rides that day and we'll probably spend $150. That's nuts.

What irritates me is that the Sheriff acts like Fair Week is some kind of National holiday or something. He has actually ORDERED people to NOT TAKE ANY DAYS OFF DURING FAIR WEEK. Are you kidding me? Whatever. Keith and I were going to go to the Creation Museum and to King's Island with the youth group from our church this Friday and Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going alone (well, not really alone, but without Keith). We are just now getting to a point where we can do things with the older kids (i.e., Caitlyn) and I was really looking forward to it. I'm still going to go because Caitlyn wants me to go and because if there aren't enough chaperones the trip can't happen. But I'm frustrated that Keith always has to miss out on stuff because of his job. I keep wondering when we'll ever have a normal life. :/

0 comments: