Thursday, June 12, 2008

BLOG CHALLENGE #11: PIECES OF ME

In follow-up to yesterday's blog: I actually CAN walk today, but I'm pretty sore. ; )


So my challenge today is to write about ME and add a photo of myself. I can do that. I'll try to get a decent photo to post (I'm not very photogenic) and I'll try not to write a book, just the basics - some bits 'n pieces:
*Age: 39
*DOB: April 19th
*Birthplace: Beaufort, SC
*Siblings: three sisters - Casey (deceased), Bethanne (32), Julie (26) & one brother - Michael (6, I think - don't ask). All of my siblings are half-siblings, but I don't consider my sisters half-sisters. We lived together during all of my childhood so basically I had/have the best and worst of both worlds. I am the oldest sibling in one family and an only child in my other family.
*Married to Keith for almost 15 years. Married him 6 months after we met. Still in love!
*Children: Caitlyn (14), Claire (almost 10) & Garrett (4) who you've been introduced to somewhat in previous blog posts.
*Education & employment: B.S. in Political Science & Legal Administration (minors: Spanish & Criminal Justice) from Ball State University, 1991. Paralegal in civil practice for 3 years, paralegal for Howard Co. Drug Task Force and to Chief Deputy Prosecutor for 7 years. Child Development Associate from Ivy Tech Community College, 2003. Employed at First Presbyterian Church Little School (preK) since 2000.
*Sorority/Honor Society Memberships: Sigma Kappa (Gamma Eta Chapter) Social Sorority; Pi Sigma Alpha (Zeta Iota Chapter) Political Science Honor Society
*Pets: none at this time. Used to share our yard with Keith's police dog for 10 years but he is deceased. Not really an animal lover - can live without pets. Don't hate them, but I'm allergic to things with dander plus, I just don't really want any animals to take care of. I've got 3 kids and a husband. That's enough.
*Hobbies & Interests: scrapbooking, taking photos, Internet browsing, blogging, vacationing, cooking, music, shopping, high school sports (watching, not participating obviously)
*Favorite colors: brown & red
*Favorite candy: lifesavers gummies wildberry sours
*Things that bother me/Things I don't like: drivers who don't use turn signals; judgmental attitudes; messy beds; earwigs; potholes; body odor "masked" by perfume/cologne; humidity; racial prejudice; cynicism; being too cold; pets on furniture; rude restaurant servers; selfishness; talking on the phone; vomit & poo - human & animal; beets; most reality TV shows; sea foam green; birds, including chickens; dirty feet; dirty fingernails; whining
*My Book of Me
*Friends who are dear to me: Susan A., Sharon H., Patty (in HI), all the gals I work with - you're the best, and all the
Cropulators - you continue to rock my world with your wit, charm and compassion!

Some of you who read this will already know many of these things but I bet there is no one who reads this that will be able to say they knew everything I've revealed about myself.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Laura! Great picture of you!! Loved learning more about you - I think I may have already told you this, but my bday is April 21st :)

Ok, got to ask - what is an earwig????

And, not that you care but I was just thinking of adding that same song to my blog too :)

Ellie said...

Wow how interesting, a very diverse individual. Love your education experience. I agree with you on those that don't signal but why complain you know how that goes.

Angela V. said...

Wow, great blog! You got a lot in there, and it was very interesting to read!

ValAnn said...

Love the things you don't like... earwigs totally freak me out!

Carmen O. said...

What a fabulous picture of you! It's great to get to know more about you. Earwigs are freaky looking thankfully they are harmless.

TanishaRenee said...

Love your facts! Your birthday is my anniversary and all of my siblings (10) are half too- just like you I don't refer to the 3 I grew up with as half...funny huh?

Helena said...

I don't like earwigs either, Yuck!!

You have rocked this challenge!!!!