Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BLOG CHALLENGE #3: SOMEONE/SOMETHING I LOVE


Here are my favorite "someones to love": my beautiful daughters, Caitlyn & Claire, my cutie-patootie son, Garrett and my handsome husband, Keith. These are the four people on this earth who can bring me incredible frustration and immense joy. Wouldn't want to do life without them.


Hmmm... and some things I really, really like (I'm trying to get out of the habit of using the word "love" when it's not really what I mean):


1. Orville Redenbacher's Tender White Microwave Popcorn. This is the most amazing popcorn - my absolute favorite! It is lighter tasting than yellow popcorn and the salt-to-butter ratio is perfect.

2. I've always wanted a red 1965 Ford Mustang convertible. My mom and my step-dad got me one for my 16th birthday. Too bad only GI Joe could fit into it. I recall unwrapping that small gift just sure there were car keys inside. But no, I actually found a whole car in there. Bummer. As a side note, I did end up getting a red Ford Mustang as my first car, but it was the newer 1985 version rather than the 1965 one and was not a convertible. Did I mention it was a stick shift? All my friends thought I had a cool car, but I was disappointed. I was an idiot.

3. Cade's Cove driving tour located in Smokey Mountain National Park, TN. If you ever get a chance to go there, do it. The first time we went was in mid-October, 1995. The weather was perfect so we could park the car and explore each area of the settlement. It was breathtaking! Plan on spending the better part of a whole day there. Cades Cove

4.
Purple hyacinths are one of my favorite flowers. I just think they are so pretty and they smell great too. I'm always amazed by God's creations. God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. ~Martin Luther

5.
I am extremely fond of fried green tomatoes - yum! yum! They taste so good when they're made with fresh green tomatoes from our garden. I can eat them until I get a stomach ache. And just for good measure, here's a link to my favorite recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes: Recipe

6. One of my favorite vacations involved a little side trip to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. This was the home of the George Vanderbilt Family. It is amazing, especially when you think about the time period in which it was built. I mean, really.
It is an 8,000-acre estate and the "house" has 250 rooms. This place has an indoor Olympic-sized swimming pool with a hallway of private changing rooms, bathrooms with flush toilets and bathtubs/showers, an indoor bowling alley, several kitchens, the most amazing stairways and so much more. The grounds and gardens are fabulous too. Plus, there is a winery and six restaurants on the property. We ate at the Stable Cafe. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was very good. Plan to spend a whole day here too. No need to rush. There is just too much to see and appreciate. Biltmore Estate

So there you have it, a few people and things that I love and that make me happy. I'm sure I could list a few dozen more, but this will do for now. : )

4 comments:

Amy said...

the pics are cute, and those other favs are pretty cool!

Me said...

Oh! Great photos of the family. You know I am singing, right! Just singing along like I can carry a tune.

ValAnn said...

Great blog! We made our first trip to Great Smokey Mts this year... next time we'll have to do Cades Cove. It was on our list but we ran out of time... I was amazed at all there was to do down there!

Jen said...

Great photos of everything! I really like your blog period.