Friday, June 13, 2008

BLOG CHALLENGE #12: A TREAT FOR MY FAMILY

We are a family of blueberry nuts. We all love them and it doesn't matter if they are raw or part of a fruit salad, blueberry pancakes or whatever. We all just really like blueberries. So this morning I made my family a special treat. I made them our favorite Blueberry Cake. It is a recipe I got from my sister-in-law, Cindi, before Keith and I ever got married. It's quite yummy and very easy to make.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/4 c. oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 2 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. blueberries, rinsed, sorted and & well-drained
TOPPING:*
  • 1/4 c. butter or margarine
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1/3 c. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
*Melt butter. Stir in sugar, flour, cinnamon. Crumble over cake batter.

DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE: Cream together sugar, oil & egg. Stir in milk. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into creamed mixture. Gently fold in blueberries. Spread batter into a greased & floured 9x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve warm.

9 comments:

All That Chit Chat said...

That looks soooo yummi!!

Ellie said...

Mmmm may I have a piece.

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

I may have to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing it!

Angela V. said...

thanks for sharing the recipe, looks great!

Me said...

Now that's a treat! I am not good a baking but I am will to try it!

Amy said...

yum - looks yummy! ate some blueberries on the beach today!

Celena said...

OMG that looks amazing!

Margy said...

Thanks for the recipe! I will have to try this!

Helena said...

That looks fantastic!