Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SUMMER IS... FRESH-PICKED STRAWBERRIES

One thing my kids and I have in common each summer is our anticipation of fresh strawberries picked from my Mom's strawberry patch. Nothing tastes better than a just-picked-warm-from-the-sun sweet strawberry. It's funny because the kids and I will actually race each other to the patch because, well... finders keepers, losers weepers! When it comes to picking and eating those berries we show no mercy. So yesterday my mom dropped by the house with a huge bowl full of fresh strawberries that had already been cleaned and hulled (yay for Mom!) as well as a fresh lemon pound cake. What a wonderful treat that was. It tasted delicious. But I have to admit that huge bowl of strawberries was empty by 10:00 this morning.

3 comments:

Me said...

Fresh strawberris! That's some good stuff! WTG mom's! Great story. I am sure it's one that you girls will tell to thier children.

Carmen O. said...

mmmm I love fresh strawberries! My grandparents were strawberry farmers and now my aunt is and she's 81. Hopefully someone will take it over so we still have a strawberry farmer in our midst.

Helena said...

LOL, glad you got some!!!