Sunday, June 8, 2008

BLOG CHALLENGE #7: GREAT SUMMER MEMORY

A couple of years ago we spent the 4th of July weekend with Keith's mom and dad at his sister's house. Keith's dad's birthday is on July 4th so we decided to make a weekend of it and celebrate Dick's birthday and Independence Day. The kids had a blast! Actually, we all did. We spent the weekend swimming, grilling out and playing. We also took the pontoon out to Heritage Lake for a day of cruising to summertime tunes by Kenny Chesney and a little fishing. I mostly just like cruising around on the lake listening to tunes. It was a beautiful day. The highlight was seeing all the boats out on the water after the sun went down. Even though Heritage Lake is a private lake there were at least a hundred boats on the water and it was an amazing site to see them all out there with everyone watching a spectacular display of fireworks (my photos don't begin to do it justice). I think the fireworks show lasted at least 40 minutes. A lot of planning and work went into that display. It was one of the best ones I've ever seen. Memories of times spent with family are the best and I'm lucky to have married into a wonderful family.



A few of the
cool
fireworks we saw.




















Garrett totally ejoys
being on the boat.
He likes to think
he's "driving."




Grace & Claire just
enjoyed being together
& waiting for it to get
dark enough for the
fireworks to start.



Caitlyn likes fishing
as long as she's
catching something!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love to be out on the water! The pics are great!

Me said...

Great photos!

I just love the 4th! Growing up in El Paso we could not have (legal) fireworks. So we alway set off Balloons. My sister who is mentally retard, thinks that the
4th is her party and the USA celebrates her.

Angela V. said...

I love to be near the water on july 4th, it so fun!

Ellie said...

That really sounds like fun. I would love to hang out on a boat for a special event like that.

Helena said...

WOW, I think your photos are fantastic as I know how hard it is to catch fireworks!!!

Nice memories

Marsha said...

Amazing pictures of the fireworks!! Wonderful summertime memories