Monday, June 9, 2008

BLOG CHALLENGE #8: PHOTO OF WATER

Although it is nearly summer and I do have numerous photos of the Atlantic Ocean and Lake Michigan, as well as a bazillion photos of my kids playing in pools, indoor water parks, and rain puddles, I am going to post a couple of my favorite Fall water photos. We have so many beautiful State Parks in Indiana and Keith and the kids and I visit them often during the fall. The kids get a 4-day weekend in October as a Fall Break which also typically falls right around Keith's and my wedding anniversary. So we like to take the kids and head to southern Indiana to relax for a few days. The fall foliage is absolutely gorgeous. Of course, everyone else in the state thinks so too so October weekends at the State Parks can be quite crowded.

These first two photos were taken on one of our hikes through Clifty Falls State Park. Clifty Falls is located in Madison, IN. In college I had a sorority sister/housemate/best friend who was from Madison. I used to go home with her some weekends and fell in love with the town and the State Park. Madison is a small but beautiful river town that has a rich history. To view more of my photos from our trip click HERE.


























These next photos were taken at
McCormick's Creek State Park. These are from a trip we took in October 2001. We stayed at the Inn at McCormick's Creek this time. It was beautiful. The atmosphere was very homey and we really enjoyed it. As I recall, it was stinking COLD that year. Very atypical for October in Indiana. We had to drive 20 minutes to a Walmart and buy long underwear, gloves, and ear bands so we could even hike. Luckily, I had taken the girls' winter coats. Even though it was cold, the girls had a great time hiking and horseback riding. Funny thing, we were the ONLY ones at the horse stable that weekend and believe me when I say those horses were not too cooperative. Even they thought it was too cold! In fact, the stable hand couldn't coax any of them into allowing riders. The girls ended up having to settle for a pony instead and even that pony had quite an attitude! It was pretty funny. For more photos of this trip click HERE.





























8 comments:

Angela V. said...

Wow, your photos are gorgeous!

Carmen O. said...

These photos are stunning! Gosh I'd be framing them and putting them up around the house! I love fall photos too. Thanks for sharing.

Marsha said...

Beautiful! I can see why you like to go there.

ValAnn said...

I love the pics - very peaceful. You have some great vacation ideas in your blog...

Ellie said...

Nature is truly beautiful.

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures Laura! I love going to parks like that around here in the fall too where you can see the leaves changing - it's so pretty!

Me said...

Great pictures. I love the part about the pony. Really isn't that how it goes?!

Helena said...

Oh wow, these are fantastic photos and the areas are just so pretty!